I'm late...I'm late!
My resolution for 2013 was to be on time. Well there goes THAT one!
I know I'm running late with the whole resolution thing but when I read that only 10% of Americans stay true to their New Year's resolutions...well...I kinda' gave up on that plan.
Instead, I think 2013 is going to be about keeping self-promises. And here they are:
1. I promise to pay more attention to what my body is trying to tell me. (i.e. drink more water)
2. I promise to become a little more selfish. If someone needs my help and I'm exhausted, no deal.
3. I promise to spend more time working on my personal projects. And by this I mean those crazy ideas that I get in the middle of the night and excite me to my core only to realize the next morning that I most likely won't have time to execute them so they go in the idea jar instead...
4. I promise to spend less on the silly things. The fact that I spend 80% of my day in front of a computer has made me a compulsive online shopper. No more. No sirrree'!
5. I promise to spend less time in front of a computer. Seriously...how many hours does a day have?
6. I promise to set money aside for the "bigger picture" those plans and goals that are often forgotten by purchasing the shiny object in front of me.
7. I promise to take more action on the things that make me happy.
8. I promise to not buy any new books until I've read all the ones I bought (online) last year in high hopes to read them. Maybe start my book club again??
9. I promise to spend more time with friends and people. To socialize more...
and last but not least. I promise to be careful with the amount of junk food I consume. Long hours sitting in front of a computer and no time to eat a proper meal have taken a toll on my body and health. 2013, less junk food.
I think this format of resolution is a better route for me.
What kind of changes are you looking forward to in 2013? Can you keep your own promises?